WE HAVE MOVED! If you are joining us, please join us at our new home, The Coil, over on Medium.

If you have arrived at a broken link, please go to The Coil and start your search over.



4.18.2016


How I Became a Panda
CHERI CHAMPAGNE ON PANDAMOON PUBLISHING

My publishing journey began the moment I’d finished writing and editing my novel. As ecstatic as I was for having completed such a feat, I had a moment of “Now what?” I did what any author would do, and I researched agents and publishers until my eyes could no longer focus on my computer screen. My list compiled, I sent out queries, each of which received a rejection, though most companies hadn’t even read my synopsis. My spirits low, I decided to go the route of self-publishing. I went with Amazon/Createspace and eBookIt, and had some success. What I lacked was the know-how and wherewithal to market my books.

Signing with Pandamoon as an author started with something as simple as the CEO, Zara Kramer, following me on Twitter. I saw the company’s name and was intrigued so, again, I did my research; I read about the company and what they stood for, and I simply couldn’t resist contacting them. I submitted a query and quickly received interest. Heart thumping with anticipation, I submitted my six completed manuscripts. Then, I waited. Any author who has submitted a manuscript to a publisher or agent knows that the process is long and nerve-racking. I was ecstatic when I received an offer for publication and, after reading carefully through each document, gratefully accepted. The Pandamoon family welcomed me with open arms.

Several months after becoming a Panda, I saw that Zara Kramer was gearing up for a Twitter pitch event, so I volunteered to participate and read some submissions. I absolutely loved the process and was eager for more. Zara Kramer saw how much I adored acquisitions and knew how dedicated I was, so she offered me the position of Acquisitions Manager. I accepted without a single ounce of hesitation, excited for what was to come. It’s been almost a year since I got into Acquisitions, and I couldn’t be happier! .




CHERI CHAMPAGNE started writing as a child, and began reading historical romance novels at the age of fifteen. Finally, she combined her two passions and began writing sizzling romances. She lives in British Columbia, Canada, with her husband, four young children, and their dog.


• Authors receive ~80% of your tip, after necessary transaction and administrative fees. Even small change makes a difference. • Permalink • Tag: The Beam

No comments: